Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th OF JULY WEEKEND


Happy 4th of July! We had such a fun weekend. Friday was a scorcher so we decided to take some of our nieces, my lil sis and Greg's brother Lee and float the Provo River. Here we are getting ready to push off. Ethan was so scared. He sat in my lap the whole time terrified.
Getting ready to go down our first set of rapids. Look at Lauren't face. She was so nervous and kept saying, "I want my mom." She had fun a lil later I promise.
Ashy and Greg. She loved it. She got out of the raft a couple of times and got on the tube. She froze though. That water was COLD.

Oh this pic makes me laugh. Don't jaide and Kate look so happy. About 5 minutes after this was taken their raft flipped over and they were soaked. They also lost their sunglasses and flip flops. I wish I had that on video. It was hilarious.
Post flip. They are so wet.
This makes me laugh too. Here's Lee telling us all about how they flipped and inspecting his injuries. Notice the HUGE hole in his shirt where he somehow got caught when they flipped. Poor guy.

Saturday morning we got up at 5:30am (yes, I know we're crazy) and drove to Provo for the Hot air balloon festival. The kids loved it. Well...all but Ty. He was scared when they lit the fires.
Ethan's favorite hot air balloons were the smokey the bear and Tony the Tiger.
Ashton's favs were Tony the Tiger and a blue and black one.

Here's Uncle Jim trying to show Ty that they aren't that scary. Ty liked them once they were in the air.

Happy 4th of July everybody!

1 comment:

Daniel & Shandi said...

Crystal you are SO PRETTY! I'm so jealous! Looks like a blast. You have such a fun family.

Blog Archive