Friday, February 25, 2011

Heaven has another angel

There is an amazing reunion going on up in heaven. An amazing love story that has been on hold for over 15 years is now continuing. Our sweet Grandma Rhoda died Yesterday, February 24, 2011 and is now back with the love of her life, Lester. We are choosing to be happy. We have our closure. We knew it was coming and checked the kids out of school Wednesday to say goodbye. When we got there she was so happy. She said, "goodbye! I'm going to see my Lester." How could we be sad? She was ready. Someone like Rhoda should never be scared of death. In the 11 years that I have known Rhoda I have NEVER heard her say a negative word. NEVER! She was so sweet, so happy and loving. We love you. So, to celebrate this amazing lady I will share some memories and some pictures so my kids who may someday read this will remember this great lady.
This is Grandma Roberta Adamson & Grandma Rhoda Holcomb at our wedding in 2000.
Did you know that Grandma Rhoda was the very first person Greg & I told we were engaged? Who else would be awake at 1 am? She was so happy.
Rhoda was the ultimate Jazz fan. When Greg & I were dating, He went on a trip to Boston with his Brother Lee, his Mom, Penny & his Grandma Rhoda. They had a great trip. Lots of laughs. What was so funny was that Rhoda would NOT miss a Jazz game even while on vacation. She insisted they find a place to watch it and ended up in a bar having a great time. That was Rhoda.
Also, What 94 year old do you know that Does NOT take phone calls during a Jazz game? She loved the Jazz.
While we were at the hospital, I remember someone said, "Don't tell Rhoda that Daron Williams got traded today." Who thinks of that? haha!
This was Grandma and Jim on his motorcycle 2 years ago. She is 92. The picture says it all!
Rhoda loved her Grandchildren and her Great grandchildren. She was always so sweet and listened to their ever long and detailed stories. She loved Tyson's curly hair and always made a fuss about it and how smart He was. He loved coming with me to cut Grandma's hair. She always was so sweet to Ethan and He loved to play with her cat Heffer and play with the toys at her house. Ashton ever the mommy is worried about everyone. She is sad for Grandma Penny. We were coming back from play practice when Ashy told me that Rhoda's last words to her at the hospital were, "You're hair looks so pretty." I'm so glad my babies got to see her at the hospital and say goodbye. It wasn't scary. She was talking and being silly and then just fell asleep until 27 hours later when she took her last breath. I hope they will remember her that way... Happy.
I have had the great pleasure of being her hair stylist for the last couple of years and I absolutely cherished our time together. I really got to know her and love her. She was one amazing woman. Strong, smart, caring, loving, amazing. I could go on and on.

We love you Rhoda, So much! We will always remember you and your sweet outlook on life. You will be missed but you live on with us! Til we meet again...

No comments:

Blog Archive