Friday, July 3, 2009

Boy do I wish some things were hereditary.



I have a very domesticated mother. She is an amazing cook. She crochets amazing things, like Ashton's blessing dress for example. I can't. I can make a really long rope. But let's be real. Who wants to wear a long rope? And she can sew. All these she got from her mother. But no. I did not. So, whenever I can snag her away I take advantage of her many talents. She needed her hair colored so I thought. Hmm..... Oh yes! I did! After she was all beautified I had her take in a couple of my skirts cuz I finally lost my baby weight. Yay. And Ethan asked Grandma to make his GI joe some clothes out of some extra fabric from our office curtains. So, this is what they came up with. Ethan was mesmerized. He watched her sew the outfit together and was so impressed. She made him some pajamas, an army hat and a tie. Then had some leftover fabric and tied it around Ethan's head. Ethan was so excited he pretended he was a ninja. So, needless to say Grandma sure made our day. Now Ashy wants a sewing machine for her birthday. I'll have to talk my mom into giving her sewing lessons 'cuz I won't be of much help.

No comments:

Blog Archive