Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's almost midnight. I can't sleep. Everybody's asleep except for me. My mind won't stop so here I am. I couldn't stop thinking about our friends as I was laying next to Greg, listening to him sleep so peacefully. And I just started to cry. We have a friend who is dying of cancer. His wife is so strong I don't know how she does it. He has been So sick for months now. I remember thinking, "just make it to Mother's Day," and then "hold on for Tiff's birthday," and He's still fighting. The past couple of weeks have been really rough for them. He's taken a turn for the worst, they've started Hospice, signed the DNR and every day we wonder, "How's Paul today? " Greg called Tiff right before we went to bed and she said He'd fallen into a coma and that the nurse said He had about 24 hours. All I can think about is how sad I feel for Tiff and their kids for what they are going through right now. I watched Greg as he was sleeping and thought about how lucky I am to have him next to me, safe, healthy, without any pain and how much he means to me. I almost felt guilty for that thought but I am. I just pray that the Berg family will have some peace. Well, goodnight. I'm going to go try and go back to sleep now. 'night

3 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

That is so sad! Do I know the family?

Brandan & Haylie said...

Call if you need help with anything!

brandygirl000 said...

Brings it home...makes you feel so greatful for the things you have and for the times we sometimes take for granted.

Blog Archive