Thursday, September 3, 2009

Can You Say Salsa?

This is our first year of having a garden. We really wanted a salsa garden so Greg and I planted 6 tomato plants and like 8 dfferent types of peppers and some cilantro. We've been watching them grow all summer long and....drumroll please.....TaDa!!! We are ready to make some Salsa!

My Dad is visiting so he went to the grocery store EARLY this morning for the finishing touches. I seriously think He was more excited than I was. We had so much fun. He kept saying, "Man that smells good!" Yep, it did!!!

The kids were tons of help as you can see: Here's Ethan playing with one of the canning things. He said, "Look, I have a green mustache."
And Ty helped by bringing me every possible bowl I had left in the cupboard. What a good helper. He was completely in the cupboard before this but of course I couldn't get my camera on time.

Mmm.....simmering!

They are so pretty I just want to leave them on my counter forever!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love canning! You're salsa looks so pretty. I did some a few weeks ago and this next week, I'm going to can some fruit. I love it when it's all done and it looks so pretty on the counter :) Nice job!

Ashley & Matthew Lisonbee said...

How great, I love salsa. Good to hear from you. Your family looks cute and great as ever.
Ashley

brandygirl000 said...

Gotta love salsa! I made some yesterday too! My garden was pretty weak this year. I've done a garden for about 4yrs. This yeas was my worst but i still got enough to make some salsa! Good job!

Blog Archive