Thursday, October 22, 2009

just breath, it'll come together...it always does.

This past week I have been stressing over this makeover. I have taken on the Mom, Sharon' room. I met with her on Monday at her house to get a feel for what she has, what she needs, and what she wants. I am absolutely overwhelmed by this family's need. Her husband Cam is paralized. In February 2007, while sledding with his son, Cameron hit a tree which paralized him. Their house needs wheelchair accessability, as well as some SERIOUS fixes. As I was talking to my Honey about how we are going to get this all done in 5 days he said, "it'll come together, it always does." I'm overwhelmed. However, this is their 11th project and like Greg said, it always comes together. We have seen many many miracles happen through these makeovers. It is so humbling to see the need of these families and so rewarding to be able to know that you did your best to help out. However little or however much. I'm praying this room will come together. I've been on the phones all day calling companies to donate and so far I have 2 possible donors. If they come through I may just have another miracle. I'll keep you posted. Say a little prayer for the volunteers for Heart2Home and for the Sevy family. Let's do some good!

1 comment:

Daniel & Shandi said...

I want to come on Monday if you still could use the help. I think my mom and Sara are coming too. =0) Let me know.

Blog Archive