Monday, November 30, 2009

Bittersweet

Do you ever feel like it can't stay good for long? It's been an AMAZING couple of weeks for our family. We've been so happy. We had our San Diego trip, BYU won, Thanksgiving, Ethan turned 5 on Thanksgiving, Ashton turned 8 yesterday, my sister and her sweet kiddos visited us this weekend. Oh it was just too good. All good things come to an end I guess. And now, I feel so low. Both sides of our family are having a hard time now. Greg's I can't really talk about. I don't really want to. My side is Bittersweet. My Great Grandma Lovell Lambson (Grumpy to me) died this morning at 10:15 am in Thoreau, New Mexico. He was 90 years old. It's bittersweet. He's been so frail for so long that I'm happy He's not in pain anymore. I'm happy He's with Grandma again. But sad I live so far away that I didn't spend as much time with him as I should have. I wish I could rewind to this past July. July 24th Grumpy turned 90 years old. My family planned this reunion and all this fun stuff but I didn't go. I don't even remember why. Why? Why didn't I go? Did I actually think He would be here forever? I feel so selfish that I didn't go. I wish I had gone and had one last visit with Grumpy. He wasn't a grumpy person by the way. In fact, He was the opposite. I love him so much! And so now, I'm sitting here missing my family. My heart wishes I was with my family right now. I wish New Mexico wasn't so far away! I miss you! But I'm thankful I knew and have fond memories of 4 of my Great Grandparents. Even though He was my last. I love you Grumpy and will miss you! I will miss you're awesome smile! Love you!

2 comments:

Brandan & Haylie said...

So sorry to hear of your loss and that things are on the down swing...Please let us know if we can do anything!

Daniel & Shandi said...

There has to be bad things to help us enjoy the good things in life.

Happy Birthday Ethan. Happy Birthday Ash!

I'm sorry to hear about your "grumpy". I hope things start to get better for you.

Blog Archive