Friday, March 5, 2010

Stitches! Need I say more?


Got your attention didn't I? Yeah, that fun Ice Skating trip ended abruptly when Ashton fell and hit her face on the bleachers. Poor little lady didn't want stitches. She kept crying, "No more surgery," on the way to the doctor. She's had her share of ucky accidents I couldn't really blame her for being terrified.
We laid on the hospital bed together and watched Monsters Inc while the cut numbed and had a nice little heart to heart. She was so brave! She was absolutely terrified before she was numb. At one point I really hoped she would just pass out from hyperventilating so they could stitch her up.
She kept asking the doctor to see the needle. Finally he did and she just started cracking up because it was so little. And then she was so excited to see the thread was blue! Which happens to be her favorite color. She ended up asking a zillion questions like. "What are you doing now?" and, "How many knots are you making?" and, "Can I see?" Luckily, I had my phone so I took pics and showed them to her as the dr stitched her up. She is one tough cookie!
Grandma Penny and Aunt Natalie showed up with her favorite, a Crunch bar and a cute balloon that had a bandaid over it's eye just like her. As you can see, she was pretty happy about that.
Right now this is how She looks. Her face is really starting to show the trauma of her fall. She says her face hurts so I just gave her some Tylenol. Let's hope she can get some rest. Night all!

3 comments:

Daniel & Shandi said...

Oh no! That's so sad!!! Incredibly sad! Let me know if you need a babysitter. =0)

Amanda said...

Poor girl. That's the part I don't like about being a mom...having to see your kids get hurt. Hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor little bugger... you should let her hang out with me instead of Uncle Lee... I am way more safe

Blog Archive