Monday, April 19, 2010

Missing my "New Mexican" family :(

My family from New Mexico and my little Bro who lives in Idaho came up for a weekend. I loved every second of their visit!





My cousins who are half Mexican are in a group called ROC which stands for Remembering Our Culture. It is an amazing program that I hope someday my kids can be a part of to remember their Costa Rican culture. They had a fireside and sang beautifully some very inspiring songs in their various languages. It was so amazing.


Then the next 2 days they had a concert where they danced various cultural dances from Africa, the Phillippines, Mexico, Hawaii, Samoa and China. As well as some Native American Dances. This is the third year we've gotten to watch them. This time we were there to watch my cousins Amanda and Justin dance as well as Branda sing. The kids loved it. They love my cousins! They are pretty great!

Here is Manda and Justin dancing a Bolivian (I think?) folk dance. I loved that they were partnered togtether.
Here's Justin doing the slap dance from the island of Samoa!
After the concert we all wanted to mingle but the kids were exhausted so Greg took the mokeys home and let me ave a nice night out with my family. Where's the best place to mingle really late and you're starving? IHOP!!!
I love these women!
Aunt Molli and My sis Tina! (Tina is really impressed by the menu :) haha!)
Poor Jojo! He was so tired! I decided to try to keep him awake here! Sorry bud, I didn't mean to stick it so far up your nose!
So, pretty much I'm missing my "mexican" family right now! I love you guys!

No comments:

Blog Archive