Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thought we were done with home makeovers...

I guess NOT! Greg and I own a couple of rental properties and have had some bad experiences, but this takes the cake! I have never used so much bleach in my life! I literally covered every surface of this house with bleach. It was absolutely disgusting. The kids had a great time checking the mouse traps every day. I've never had to clean up anything like this in my life!

This is what the carpet looked like... in EVERY ROOM!

The renters must love art because they left it EVERYWHERE! EVEN inside the toilet seat!


They had a dog, a pit bull in fact that they left as well. Hey people! I don't want your dog!


Excuse me people, but I think you forgot some things!

Found some awesome surprises under this pile the other day. We won't even go there!

Another art project! They even work in SHARPIE!

More art, then it looks like she tried to cover it up. Hello, that's not the right color. The whole bedroom looked like this!

I don't even want to guess what this might be all over the wall!

Here's where the little micey family lived! They're dead now!
Caught more mice in here! Anyone want some wrapping paper?

More lovely carpet stains!

Don't ask what's in that brown bag! The freezer was completely full as well!
A note for my new renters who moved in last night:
Dear renters,
I have scrubbed every surface of this beautiful home for you. I've repainted every wall and base board and put in new carpet. Will you please keep it nice for me? I think I'll cry if you don't!!
Sincerely, Your Landlord

2 comments:

jay and holl said...

i have to ask what was under the pile and what was in the brown paper bag? who were these people? sick, I cant believe you spent so much time in such a dirty place! kuddos to you for being brave!

Tatiana said...

We had some renters just like this who also had a story every month as to why they couldn't pay the rent. Uhhh, you're 50+ years old, figure it out!! Hope your new ones are better; ours are, thank goodness!!

Blog Archive