Tuesday, August 24, 2010

75 days+ 23,956 votes= $30,000

After 75 days of voting, We did it! Heart 2 Home has won the $30,000 donation from APX alarms. We ended up with 23,956 votes! I'm so happy right now! Now all of you can come out from hiding! I will no longer hound you for votes! haha! But for reals, thank you all so much for helping us win this donation. We couldn't have done it without you. We ended up averaging around 1200 votes a day the last week of voting. I feel very humbled and grateful to be part of such a great group of selfless people who believe in giving! Thank you all. I loves you to death! Here's some pics of our crazy ideas to get our votes!
We finally got the Heart2Home trailer finished just in time to park it out on main street to remind everyone to vote.
The Lehi High School principal let us have a booth next to their concession stand with 6 computers and lots of die hard Heart2homies! We had alot of fun! Thank you Hotteez Tanning and Smart Cookie for your gifts for the voters! The girls loved the tanning passes!
Tiffany's son Ben let me write 'vote 4 Heart 2 Home' on his chest with a Sharpie! So, Thank you Ben for being our walking billboard!
OPERATION SCORCHED EARTH

haha. The H2H team got together at Shawn's house, sat around the table with 6 computers and got the word out to everyone we know.
We gained a new Heart 2 Home addict, Becky Lang who worked so hard recruiting! We are so excited to have her be part of the fundraising team!
Heart 2 Home 'Rock The Vote' Bbq and Pool party at the Lehi Pool!

Thank you all who came out to support us! We had an amazing turnout!

Heart 2 Home volunteer Lorrin Price vowed He would cut his mullet off and donate it to Locks for love if Heart 2 Home won!!
Lorrin, my clippers are waiting!!
Good Things Utah! The girls at Good Things have always supported us and we loved going back again!
We gained a new Heart 2 Home Mascot, Tom! He kept the fun in voting! Thank you Parker for creating him and being his 'manager'! We really appreciate it! The kids definately love Talking Tom!
We had to get creative! 75 days is a long time to stay motivated!

I need to say a very personal thank you to my family! I have the best family EVER!
Thank you aunt Tatiana and family who recruited into Texas, Louisiana, and Guam!
Thank you Grandma Lewis who voted from Costa Rica!
Our friends in Austrailia!
Uncle Eli and Aunt Laurie who hounded the Nicoll side!
Mom who hounded all the nurses at her work!
My bunko girls! You all are awesome! Thanks for not blocking me from all my endless text message reminders! We definately got Lehi covered!
Natalie and Covieo family who hounded everyone they knew in Layton, Kaysville area!
I have so many in my brain I can't even get all of you!
I love you and respect the heck out of all of you!
Can't wait until Sept. 22 when we get the check!! Yay! Stay tuned!
Thank you all again! I can't say it enough! Now stay tuned! We hope to announce our next family makeover very soon! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Blog Archive