Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arthur Luther King Day

Ethan came home from school on Friday to tell me all about this man named Arthur Luther King. He knew so much about him I was so proud of him for listening and learning about him. He messed up on his name but that's not what matters, it matters that he learned from him.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from Martin Luther King:

-Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the step.

-I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

-The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and comvenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

-That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind.

-The time is always right to do the right thing.

-We may have all come from different ships, but we are all in the same boat now.


We had a great family day together since there was no school. We let the kids pick a place... of course Chuck E Cheese!












What a very special day. I love my little family so much!









No comments:

Blog Archive